It has been so long I don't even know where to begin. I feel like I've been slammed with the start of the school year. I haven't been caught up yet. I'm hoping next weekend when all the boys are at the Michigan/Iowa football game that I will just work in my classroom until I'm caught up. I really can tell we have like 70 new students this year. Things are not looking good for next year either. Can you believe that last year we opened a new school and lost half of our students and next year we will probably be full again? The Harrisburg school district is ridiculous. In 1989 the graduating class was 35. Our current kindergarten class is over 300. We can't build schools fast enough. At least I don't think I would ever end up as art on a cart because my room would take a lot of remodeling to change it to a regular classroom. (At least that is what I'm telling myself) This week was homecoming week, but unfortunately it rained all day yesterday and today. In addition to this it was cold and windy so the parade was canceled and I didn't go to the game. A week ago was SFC's first football homecoming and the weather was just perfect. It was a lot of fun with a festival/carnival, tailgating, parade, etc. Too bad it wasn't that way today.
Steve, Skyler, my day and Steve's dad golfed in a benefit for a friend that was recently diagnosed with leukemia. Today made for a miserable day for golfing I'm sure. Of course, Skyler still wanted to go to SFC's game tonight so he must not have been too cold.
Let's see...what's new with Josie? She seems to talk more clearly and increase her vocabulary daily. Three words we hear more frequently than others- milk, snack, NO!!!!!!!!!!!. No is usally aimed toward Isaac or the dogs. She just makes us laugh. If someone burps she has to do a fake one followed with scuse me. She was hopping around the house tonight. She is all ready for snow. We had boots and a coat for a while now, but finally bought snow pants, hat and mittens. We had it all on tonight and she was adorable.
Isaac's football season is nearing the end. On Sunday he has his first playoff game. They had an ok season. The coaches are not exactly positive with the boys. The yelling is pretty excessive for 5th and 6th grade. His last game will be played in the dome in Vermillion so that should be fun. He didn't have school today and I had a half day and he wanted to hang with me. We got him some snow things as well. We still have to locate his boots. Not sure if he needs new ones or not?!?! We saw a sign for a pie social in Harrisburg. Isaac and I looked at eachother and it didn't take any thought that pie sounded good on a rainy day so literally drove their immediately.
Skyler has become a lot busier with friends this year. The down side is he can't drive yet so we are chauffeuring he and his friends everywhere. I guess it is a way to stay in touch with him. I let him drive home from a debate meeting at school the other night. He is so not ready to drive. I will just leave it at that. : ) He is in the inaugural year of debate at SFC and just found out the debate topic yesterday. November's topic is: Failed nations are a greater threat to the United States than stable nations. Oh, did I mention I'm coaching debate. It is alright to laugh. That was my initial reaction when I was asked to coach. Our curriculum director at Harrisburg has his phd in debating. Ok, so the debating part isn't true but he does make us call him Dr. He however, loves debate. Apparently he has been talking to SFC for a couple of years, trying to persuade them to start debate. They finally agreed, Skyler signed up, Dr. Kip McKee is big buddies with my principal, I'm Skyler's mom and the rest is history... if you followed that!?! I've never coached anything in my life and I'm coaching debate and a girls running club right now. I'm helping 3rd-5th grade, girls in the national Girls on the Run program, prepare for a 5k in the middle of November.
Steve has been really busy with Wells Fargo. It seems like he is frequently getting calls, texts, emails at home to work on something. I guess they can't survive without him. : ) Besides college football right now, he doesn't have too many extra curricular activities right now.
That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. I can't wait to get together with the whole family again. It's the best time of the year!
Love you all and hopefully I update before Thanksgiving!
Miss you guys! Glad everything seems to be going well!!!
ReplyDeleteMiss you too!!!! Love ya betty.
ReplyDelete