Do you ever feel like your life is a comedy? So many things go wrong, all you can do is laugh? Vacations seem to always be my Lampoon adventure or what was the Ashton Kutcher honeymoon wedding... Just Married? Ok, maybe it isn't that bad! Friday night we headed to Nebraska. My dad flew in from Washington DC and drove straight to Harrisburg and we took off. Josie fell asleep so we had a pleasant ride to Omaha. We dropped off Skyler and picked up my brother. (Skyler went to the Coldplay concert on Saturday night) We continued to the grand town of Sutton. I believe this is where the comedy begins. This town has seven houses and apparently two motels. So, at 1:30 in the morning we arrive at what we think is our motel... unload all our stuff and we are locked out of the lobby. We ring the bell and the owner comes to the door and says nope.. wrong place. So, we throw our stuff back in the car and head down the road to this horrible dive. I don't have the capabilities to upload photos right now so I will do that maybe tomorrow???? Josie and my room was sandwiched between the highway (like 20 feet away) and a snoring person in the room next door. We're talking peeling paint, barbed wire outside the door, a hodge podge of furniture from the 50's to the 80's and a toilet so close to the wall I had to sit side ways on it. (photo coming). I would say I had a couple hours of unrestful sleep until the room next door (possibly a permanent guest) started hacking up a lung at 5:30 am. We're talking 2 1/2 hours of cough cough cough....nasty throat clearing because he was hocking up a loogie. (I've never actually written that phrase so i don't know if I spelled it correctly!) I really was ticked off because I couldn't sleep and I had to be quiet because Josie was sleeping and all I could think of was bed bugs. We were going to stay two nights but after finding a couple of spiders and a bug in my bed I packed up and we were off to Grandma's auction. After a six hour auction, 24 pies being eaten, hanging out with all my cousins, I was the owner of an antique dresser and armoire/hutch thing. (and other miscellaneous items I don't really need) We ended the evening going out to eat and laughing at some items my family found cleaning out the house. We said our goodbyes and headed back to Omaha.
Day 2: Church. Lunch. long Naps...with/at Rachel's. We headed to Brian and Kate's for the evening. Then the kids and I drove back to Rachel's. I've been worked up over driving in Omaha. Yes, I've been here hundreds of times, but since I'm not driving I don't pay attention to how to get around. So far, so good. I hope it stays that way.
Tomorrow I believe that Skyler, Ike, my brother and dad are going to a college world series game. I don't know what the girls will do. Perhaps I should figure out how I'm going to get the furniture to Harrisburg and where I am going to put it once it gets there. LOL. Check back tomorrow i guess! Good Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment