Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time flies when you are having fun...

Friday in Omaha involved rehydration from a hot day at the zoo and college world series. We lunched at Big Mama's which was featured on Diners, Dives and Drive Inns. I went shopping and visited Cupcake Island. The "boys" went mini golfing. We said our goodbyes to my side of the family and went back to Steve's sister's house. Steve's parents arrived bright and early on Saturday morning. We headed down to the Old Market and walked around the fabulous farmer's market! We were also lucky enough to see a gay pride parade.

Rainbow balloons, flags, and what appeared to be a tranny queen. In the evening we went to Janine and Rachel's birthday party. We had some more wonderful cake in addition to the cupcakes the day before. The cake was hilarious. The guy who made it is well known apparently and used to work at the white house but we couldn't decide what he was trying to achieve with their cake. Sweet 16 or Happy 80th?On Sunday we celebrated Father's day with grilled steak. We hung out for a bit and then packed up both our vehicles and headed home. Skyler didn't even get to go home because we took him to catch a ride to camp for the week.

I'm not really sure where this week went. In a period of 7 days Isaac will have played 8 baseball games, I had book club, Steve golfed, umped, helped clean up his friend's fireworks stand after a storm, Isaac had a friend over night, an ER visit with Josie who decided to drink Tylenol, 3 afternoons at the pool... just to name a few things!

I'm looking forward to a drive to iowa to pick up Skyler tomorrow night. Isaac has a double header so Steve will go to that. I was supposed to go to the pool with a friend but I got too much sun today, so we'll see. The first week of summer was great!

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment